Thursday 6 January 2011

An open letter to Guy Buswell, CEO of UKMail

Mr Buswell is clearly an intelligent man and an astute business man.

As can be read in the following article in The Telegraph:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/markets/2789755/First-class-war-for-Business-Posts-Guy-Buswell.html

UKMail delivers parcels and mail throughout the UK.

Interestingly, in the article above, there is no mention of parcels or customer service.

Have you ever tried contacting them..? I have, and it was many things, but fun it was not.

After calling the 'Customer Contact' number on the website, I was left on hold for 9 minutes and eventually gave up. So I rang a Birmingham number only to be told it was the wrong department, and was given a new number to try.
After dialling that a recorded message informed me that it was incorrect and I should try a third one.
So I tried another Birmingham number, and after much sighing and rolling of eyes, I got the information I needed.

And remember, this was 'Customer Contact'.

The reason for my call was that my client, who had been spending £20,000 a month with UKMail for parcel delivery, had recently changed to an alternative parcel delivery company, and we were surprised that no one from UKMail had contacted them.

I should point out at this stage that my work involves helping my clients improve their customer service, and thus improve as a business and retain their clients. Hence my surprise at the lack of action from UKMail.

I had emailed Mr Buswell on the 17th of December, raising this point, and so far have not even had an acknowledgement from his office. Maybe I should not be surprised, judging by my contact with UKMail so far.

Maybe UKMail can afford to lose contracts worth £240,000pa...maybe they are concentrating on Mail as opposed to Parcels...who knows..?

A brief search on any social media site quoting UKMail will inundate you with horror stories from customers. I suggest any PR companies out there contact UKMail, because they could make a name for themselves by working on this worthwhile project.

I have resorted to this letter because nothing else seems to work, and there is plenty of competition out there for UKMail, but mostly because their customers deserve better.

Lets see if this approach works, and find out if UKMail value their customers at all.

AM

http://www.astoncovert.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment